Saturday, January 23, 2016

Digital Blog Post #A- Chapter 1

   The world has changed dramatically with the different technology companies have to offer to teachers and students. Reading out of books is starting to be a thing of the past and traditional teaching and learning is changing to keep up with the high demands technology has to offer. Kids are now being called the IGeneration of the world and surprisingly it's just not kids on this bandwagon, adults too. The IGeneration represents mobile technology such as smartphones, Ipads, social media, social networking, and tablets which have helped students meet the need of all kind of learners.  Having Ipads has impacted my classroom in a major way by the many learning apps it has which has improved my students capabilities of learning and growing. I have seen a difference when a student sits and is being taught without enhancements such as technology and the difference is astonishing. When they have the Ipad and are doing a reading and math game it's educational and fun at the same time. I believe students learn better by doing. This video shows how a classroom combines blended learning with new technology:





   Where would we be without Social Media?" Social Media is one of the most popular applications of computer technology" as referenced by Maloy (2013 pg. 16). My students read out of books and have math book as well but thanks to technology and computers students are able to learn on web-based programs such as I-Ready. I-Ready is a highly interactive software program that has an engaging online assessment and instruction program. 
Teacher pay teacher is a marketplace that allows teachers to buy/sell/share original teaching resources. If I didn't have social media I wouldn't have known about all these cool websites that's helpful to both me and my students.

  It is essential to break apart my students into groups for reading and math. It's important because it allows me and my teacher to have a one-on-one experience with the students. It's also effective because it helps us to know what learning styles and difficulties a student might have as oppose to doing whole group assignments. What me and my teacher do would be technology-based teaching tool. Technology-based teaching tool is defined as teachers doing less whole-group instruction as referenced by Maloy (2013 pg. 9) . Some students learn differently and in this video you will see the different learning techniques this teacher has applied within her classroom Math Stations .

   It's hard to imagine how life was without technology and computers. With the rapid change in technology and its impact on our lives, it is clear that the Internet is no longer the defining feature in the lives of youngsters and adults. Becoming a teacher in the 21st century is beneficial and rewarding. This Chapter has helped me to understand how educators have used technology in school, offices and everyday life decisions. 



Resources:

Textbook, Maloy, Robert, O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd edition. Boston MA: Pearson Education Inc.


No comments:

Post a Comment