Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Reflective Post

   The world has changed dramatically with the different technology companies have to offer to teachers and students'. I have learned many new and exciting information on the advancement of technology. Technology has transformed teaching and learning by changing how, when and where students' can learn. It also enables students' to experience events or study different occurrences that they could not witness  firsthand. Technology has different categories such as internet, problem-solving/ inquiry-learning, social media, assessment technology and much more. Digital Technology for example, blogs are online journals including text, pictures, and links has integrated into technology. Wikis is a website created and maintained by a group of individuals posting thoughts and opinions.


   I learned how to make my own blog on Blogger. Blogger is a free weblog publishing from Google, The blog was easy to setup and I loved being able to write what I learned from reading 'Transforming Learning with New Technology' by Robert Maloy and Beverly Woolf. I liked the book because it showed best teaching practices, learning goals, focus questions and reflection. The book reflected on teachers and the use of different technology. It also helped me to successfully connect technology and instruction such as collaborating with my peers to create a lesson plan. I know that lesson planning is a vital component of the teaching learning process. There are many websites such as Scholastic that offers free lesson plans for educators. All the websites I have mentioned can help me to improve my learning so I can become a better teacher for my students'.


Check out this video on how to make your very own blog on Blogger!


References:

Blogger (2016, May 1). https://www.blogger.com

[Jan McKingley Hilado]. (2009, December 27). How To Make A Blog in Blogger.com Using your Gmail Account. [Video File] Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSs3XXSCuoE

Scholastic (2016, May 1). http://www.scholastic.com/home/













No comments:

Post a Comment